V.I.R. (VERY IMPORTANT READER) DAY 6: GRACE LONG POPE!!


HELLO FRIENDS, IT IS DAY 6 OF MY VERY IMPORTANT READER WEEK, AND TODAY THE V.I.R. OF THE DAY IS GRACE! I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU GUYS TO READ HER POST AND THE AMAZING AUTHORS SHE CHOSE, SO LET'S GET TO IT! 


Ok, I have to say, I’ve been having a blast reading the posts for this series, VIR, that Becky came up with.  I love to see readers coming together to support and celebrate the people who create some of our most beloved stories.  So, let’s get this started so I can get to the good part – THE AUTHORS!
Hi, I’m Grace.  I grew up in a small town in Tennessee and I currently live in a small town in Mississippi.  I was extremely lucky to be raised by parents who pushed me to know the joys and importance of reading and books.  I’ve always been a pretty voracious reader, and my first true love genre was horror. I cut my teeth on Stephen King and never looked back.  I moved from that to pretty much anything I could get my hands on, including thrillers, romance and fantasy.
My love of fantasy/paranormal is actually what brought me closer to the MM genre.  My first actual MM book, wasn’t billed as a romance at all. It was Mercedes Lackey’s The Last Herald-Mage Trilogy that introduced me to reading a book with a gay main character and Vanyel’s story still brings tears to my eyes.  My first true MM romance book was Felice Stevens Rescued.  And, I’ve literally never looked back.  
Felice remains one of my favorite authors and her books are auto buys for me.  There is no possible way I could make a list of my favorites, as I am a mood reader and my top 10-20-50 books change relating to my emotions and mood that day.  I can say that my go to authors remain the same. You know the ones; you can always count on their characters to pull you out of reality and drag you into their worlds.  For me, they include Lane Hayes, Aimee Nicole Walker, SJ Himes, Jami Dabney, Bellann Summer, Brandon Witt, AC Katt… I could keep on going and going. I do want to also throw out a few new to the scene authors who have amazed me with their releases over the past year or so.  Those include Michael Bailey, Kris Jacen and Claire Castle.
I would also be remiss if I didn’t mention how much I couldn’t do without audiobooks.  I travel so much for work and being able to listen to my favorite characters makes that time fly by.  My top 5 audiobook series on audio have been listened to over and over again. Those include NR Walker’s Red Dirt Heart series and Cronin’s Key trilogy both performed by Joel Leslie, Assassin/Shifter books 1-5 by Sandrine Gasq-Dion performed by Greg Boudreaux, The Werewolves of Manhattan books 1-4 by AC Katt performed by Joel Leslie and the All Cocks Series by TM Smith performed by Tony Clark and Joel Leslie (yes, you’re right, there is a pattern there).  
Now that I have taken up so much of your time, let me finish by saying THANK YOU, Bec, for letting me talk about my reading journey and just a few of the authors whose characters I spend so much time with.  I hope that maybe you find a new to you author and enjoy them just as much as I do!

THANK YOU GRACE! SHE HAS AMAZING TASTE IN AUTHORS, I LOVE MOST OF THESE GUYS TOO, AND THE FEW I DON'T KNOW I WILL SOON! BELOW ARE THE REVIEWS I HAVE DONE FOR SOME OF THESE AUTHORS:
FELICE STEVENS:

LANE HAYES:
AIMEE NICOLE WALKER

 THANKS SO MUCH FOR JOINING ME FOR DAY 6 AND THANK YOU TO GRACE FOR A GREAT POST WITH SOME GREAT AUTHORS! THESE GIRLS ARE KILLING IT WITH THE AWESOME POSTS THIS WEEK! SEE YOU TOMORROW WITH DAY 7!



No comments:

Post a Comment