ANDREW GREY A CHAOTIC RANGE SPOTLIGHT:



ANDREW GREY SPOTLIGHT AND INTERVIEW:



The quote above is perfect for the author that we are spotlighting today, Andrew Grey is indeed so talented that he can make you feel the rain! It is no secret that we love this author here at Bike, Mike and I are very excited he allowed us to do a spotlight with him! We will have an interview with Andrew, and then the review to his new book that came out Friday, A Chaotic Range, Stories From the Range book 7. Thanks for coming to this spotlight, we hope you enjoy learning about this wonderful man as much as we did! 



                                            INTERVIEW WITH ANDREW GREY:

Hello readers, we are here today with one of my favorite authors, Mr. Andrew Grey! He has been so kind to agree to answer some questions for us,so lets get started! 

 1.Thanks so much for joining us Andrew!  You have written a lot of series, do you have an idea for a series and go with it, or does the idea for a book grab you and evolve into a series? 

A-  For me an idea or character will grab me and It’ll become a series.  I rarely set out to write a series although the exception was the Art series.  I had set out to write two books and then got the idea for the last two. 

Bec- I love that series, in fact those were the first books I read of yours, and let me tell you I was hooked! Funny you should mention the Art Series, because that is question two! 

2. Your Art Series must have required a ton of research, are the Arts something that have always interested you?  

A- Very much so.  I adore art.  Dominic and I have a house full of all kinds of art form paintings, sculpture, decorative arts as well as some fine examples of carved furniture.   It speaks to both of us.  We have taken trips just to visit museums and collections.  As a writer, I also love stories that involve art.  I think its because I wish I were an artist. 

Bec- Ahh but you are of a sort, your books are works of Art to your readers! I love museums also, and I love collecting vintage items! 

3. The characters in your stories are so real and lifelike, even the secondary ones, do you base any of your secondary characters on actual people you know or have met?

A-  Sometimes I base characteristics on people I’ve met, but rarely entire characters.  The exception is Lonnie form the Gym series.  Although I had to tone him down a bit. 

Bec- I imagine that is fun, taking certain traits from people and applying them to a character to bring it to life! 

4. Your new book in your Stories From the Range series, A Chaotic Range, just came out two days ago, on the 7th, even after all your books, do you still get anxious on release day?

A-   You better believe it.  I want each book to do well and readers to love it.  So II ‘m always nervous and anxious.  Dominic can always tell the night before a release because I rarely sleep. 

Bec- I bet! I imagine that it is nerve wracking putting your "babies" out there for the world to see. I admire you for that! I love that you have so much passion for your work that release day still gets to you! 

5. As an author, you get to pretty much set your own schedule I assume, have you ever had a book idea that screamed, "Write me now!", so you had to put it down on paper that very second?

A-   Yes.  Love Means... No Shame was written in less than three weeks.  Geoff and Eli were very determined to have their story told. 

Bec- Wow! They really did huh? That is awesome! I bet that was fun to write when the story flowed that way!

6. Is there one place that you have visited or lived that really inspired your writing?

A-  Vacations often inspire stories.  A strange place with different people and often the juices start to flow.  It happens all the time.  Thank goodness. 

Bec- Vacations are the perfect way to get the juices flowing, I am sure, but it would be a shame to write the whole time! Haha

7. It is no secret that you put your heart and soul into your work, is there one book or series in particular that has left you feeling emotionally drained when it was done? 

A-   Crossing Divides was a very emotionally draining process for me.  The story was set in war and the emotions as well as the action and danger kept me on the edge of my own seat.  Its probably the story I’m most proud of.  I love the characters.  The story touched my soul.  Another book that did the same thing was The Good Fight.  The issue behind the story pissed me off so badly I had to write the story. 
 
Bec- It works that way sometimes doesn't it? The story comes to you and begs to be told. I bet it is a relief of sorts when that happens.

8. Ok Andrew, last question: Is it hard for you to wrap up one of your series and essentially say goodbye to some of your boys?

A-   You better believe it.  I love all my guys and having to say goodbye is very difficult.  In the next year I will be saying goodbye to a couple of my series and I know I am going to miss them very much.     I’m not saying what they are yet.  I’m not quite emotionally ready to let them go even though I have too.


Bec- I can tell you that I, and I know your other fans will be sad to see any of your series end. Good thing yours are the kind of books we can read over and over and never get tired of! 

Well Andrew, that about wraps it up! Thanks so much for answering my questions today! It was a pleasure having you! Don't forget to get your copy of A Chaotic Range readers, if you haven't already! -Bec



                      A Chaotic Range (Stories from the Range #7) by Andrew Grey



Most of the time ranchhand David rescues stray cattle, but this time he and his fellow cowboys Wally and Haven save a stranded motorist. David is surprised to find his former high school classmate nearly frozen in his car. After learning that Brian Applewright’s boss fired him from his ranch for being gay, they invite him back to theirs to take a job.

David and Brian moved in different social circles at school, but working together brings them closer. However, David has a rocky history on the ranch. The foreman is his ex, and he only recently returned after a heartbreakingly unsuccessful attempt to find greener pastures. He can’t risk his heart getting close to anyone.

But on a ranch, nature has a way of forcing an issue. When a snowstorm threatens, David and Brian head out to mend a fence and round up some stray cattle. David gets injured, and they must survive in the snow, cold, and wind. It might be the start of a relationship… or the end of their lives.




Andrew Grey is one of my favorite authors, and he proves time and again why that is so! Take his new book for instance, A Chaotic Range, Stories From the Range book 7, this book is so well written that it pulls you in from the first page, and just keeps getting better and better. You would be hard pressed to find an author that is better with the build up of a book than Andrew Grey, and this book is no exception. I am getting excited and anxious just thinking about it! Don't miss this book, it is a beautiful love story, and exciting ride all in one lovely package! Thanks Andrew, you have soooo done it again!   *5 Stars*



Andrew loves to hear from his readers so give him a shout at the links below:

Website: http://www.andrewgreybooks.com

Twitter: andrewgreybooks(Twitter)



We hope you have enjoyed this spotlight as much as we enjoyed doing it! Thank you so much Andrew for allowing us to pick your brain and review your wonderful new book! Thanks for stopping by friends, see you on the next go round!

No comments:

Post a Comment