V.I.R. (VERY IMPORTANT READER) DAY 1: HEATHER DIANE!


HELLO FRIENDS IT IS DAY 1 OF OUR VERY IMPORTANT READER: (V.I.R.) WEEK AND OUR V.I.R. OF THE DAY IS HEATHER DIANE! I HAVE ASKED HEATHER TO GIVE ME A FEW AUTHORS SHE LOVES AND TELL US WHY SHE LOVES MM, AND BOY DID SHE DELIVER! BELOW IS HEATHER'S POST AND LINKS TO HER AUTHORS AS WELL AS MY REVIEWS OF THEIR WORK IF I HAVE DONE ANY! ENJOY FRIENDS!


HERE IS HEATHER'S POST: CLICK ON THE HIGHLIGHTED NAMES AND BOOK NAME FOR LINKS TO THE BOOK AND AUTHOR PAGES! 


People who know me probably have heard this before, but I discovered MM books because of Riley Hart’s Crossroads. A FB book review page that mostly had MF books recommended Crossroads. I didn’t realize MM was a genre and immediately grabbed a copy of this book. Nick and Bryce (and Riley) changed my reading habits! They remain one of my most loved couples and this book is the one I’ve listened to and reread more than any other. 

As someone who read exclusively MF or MFM, I loved the dynamic between the MM characters. The more I read, the more I found what I was looking for in my romance, books that weren’t about a weaker sex needing saving. And though three years later my reading has become more diversified with reading MM, FF, and some MF, I still look for that same dynamic in my books. 

We all have our favorites and I see names of those favorites shared all over. And honestly, if I’m reading an author’s book, they’re my favorite because I don’t ever like to play favorites ðŸ˜‰  But, I have a few authors I don’t see shared as much and I would love to share them with you! 

I love mysteries, it’s one of my favorite things to read (it’s why I’ve started reading more MF because there aren’t a lot of MM mysteries). When I was scrolling through Kindle Unlimited for mystery books I came across Robert Innes. He writes The Blake Harte Mysteries series which has seven books so far. His writing is fantastic and his mysteries are so well done! It’s not typical that I can’t figure out the “who done it” part but his always keep me guessing. But, not only do you figure out who, you have to figure out how.  But, it’s important to know going in, this is a mystery series with a side of romance.  All Robert’s books are on KU, so it makes it easy to give his series a chance! And if you don’t have KU, the first book is only $0.99!

Next up, Brandon Witt who also writes as  Rosalind Abel and Mildred Abbott. I was introduced to Brandon’s writing by one of his biggest supporters Janie. She gifted me a copy of Son of Money and I was hooked! Brandon has very diverse offerings with his name and two pen names. But, regardless of which of these you are going to try, all of them have his terrific writing style and ability to bring characters and stories to life.  The books under Brandon Witt are not an easy love story. Most of them have had me in tears. The Rosalind Abel are easier to read emotionally! This series is available on KU exclusively. And the Mildred Abbot series is a cozy mystery series, is not MM and is available on KU exclusively.

The last, in reality I had a list of 30 authors I wanted to mention, so choosing the third was difficult!  But, my third would be Robert Winter. Robert has five books so far and they are all so well written! Ok, I’ll be honest, I haven’t read the vampire one because it’s not my thing, but I’m sure it’s just as well written as his other books! I’m partial to the Mata Hari series because I love mysteries but his Pride and Joy series is just as terrific! And Robert is doing something pretty amazing through August. All proceeds from his book Asylum will be donated to a group who is working to reunite the families of asylum seekers in the US. 

Thank you for giving me the chance to share! I hope you’ll check out these author’s and enjoy their hard work!

HOW AMAZING IS THIS! I LOVE LOVE LOVE ROBERT WINTER AND BRANDON WITT ( AND ALL THE NAMES THAT GO WITH HIM :p) AND I REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO TUCK INTO ROBERT INNES' BOOKS, THEY SOUND AMAZING! 

BELOW ARE THE REVIEWS I  AND MY GIRL GRACE HAVE DONE FOR ROBERT AND BRANDON! ENJOY AND CHECK ALL THESE GUYS OUT! 

ROBERT WINTER: 

BEC'S SEPTEMBER REVIEW

BRANDON WITT: 

BEC'S UNDER A SKY OF ASH REVIEW

BEC'S SON OF MONEY REVIEW

GRACE'S MAPPING THE FOREST REVIEW

GRACE'S NACHO AND HASH REVIEW

GRACE'S REVIEW OF THE PALISADE

CHECK OUT THE LINKS IF YOU DON'T HAVE THESE BOOKS GUYS! AND THANKS SO MUCH HEATHER FOR THE AMAZING POST AND BEING AN AMAZING V.I.R.! SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW WITH OUR DAY 2 V.I.R., I CAN'T WAIT! 



No comments:

Post a Comment