COFFEE, TEA & CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS POST 11: AIMEE NICOLE WALKER!!


WELCOME BACK GUYS AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE TO YA! THIS IS POST 11 IN MY COFFEE, TEA & CHRISTMAS EVENT AND I AM THRILLED TO HAVE AIMEE NICOLE WALKER HERE! BELOW IS HER POST ( WHICH I LOVE AND YOU WILL TOO), FOLLOWED BY HER AUTHOR BIO AND SOCIAL LINKS AND THE LINKS TO MY REVIEWS OF HER BOOKS! ENJOY: 


Fondest Christmas Memories
by Aimee Nicole Walker


As a child, my fondest memory was the annual Christmas party at my Aunt Shirley and Uncle Jim’s house. There was always great food, Christmas music playing in the background, presents for all the kids, but mostly I enjoyed spending time with my all my cousins. Our family was large, rowdy, and very loving. It was the most magical night of the year and it surpassed Christmas morning in my eyes.


I was raised by a single mom, who didn’t make a lot of money or receive very much in way of child support. To this day, I don’t know how my mother made the holidays so special for my brother and me, but she did. It wasn’t about the gifts, but the energy and excitement she exuded during the season. I still have the Johnny Mathis vinyl album she played every year and the ceramic Santa and snowman she painted almost forty years ago. They’re my treasures.


Fast forward to adulthood, Christmas became about making the season as special for my kids as I could. Seeing the wonders of the holiday through the eyes of a child is like experiencing it for the first time all over again. I’ll never forget seeing my babies’ eyes widen in amazement the first time they saw the lights on the Christmas tree or the “hell no” look they gave me when I even thought about sitting them on Santa’s lap.


It was also when I realized just how hard it must’ve been on my mom every year. I didn’t always have the money to buy the things my children wanted so I tried to make everything else about the holiday special – just like she did. If you ask my kids what their favorite memories are, they will tell you it was cuddling with me while watching our favorite Christmas television shows and movies or the cinnamon rolls I made from scratch for breakfast on Christmas morning.


The emphasis and pressure to buy the perfect presents, cook the perfect meal, and be everywhere at once is what we associate with the holiday, but that’s not what our kids will remember. Never miss a chance to make memory with them, because that’s what will resonate with them long after we’re gone.


On a lighter note, I’d like to share with you my favorite memory as sibling if I haven’t bored you to death already. One year, my mom bought me a pair of Garfield roller skates. They were white with orange wheels and had the famous cat stitched on the side. I was so damn excited that I put them on first thing and began to skate around. There I was with arms flailing and legs wobbling as I headed toward where my brother sat on the couch. His eyes got bigger and bigger the closer I came, but he didn’t move out of the way fast enough. I knocked his freshly poured cup of coffee off the arm of the couch where he’d set it and onto his lap. I still haven’t lived it down all these years later.


From my family to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH! THANKS AIMEE! HER ARE HER BIO AND SOCIAL LINKS: 


I'm a wife and mother of three teenage kids. I've been married to the same wonderful man for twenty years. I've decided that if I can survive raising three kids then I can survive anything!! I haven't uttered the Mama's curse yet, but it could happen any day now. You know the one..."I hope you have a child just like you someday."

I'm an avid reader and lover of all things romance. I've spent my entire adult life waiting to follow my dreams of becoming a writer. One day this past summer, I decided to just do it. No more wishing and hoping. I haven't quit my day job, but that is my ultimate goal...make a living telling stories of love. 

I write contemporary gay fiction. I hope you will love reading my books as much as I enjoy writing them.


WEBSITE

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

AMAZON PAGE

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ AIMEE'S BOOKS CLICK MY REVIEWS BELOW: YOU WILL LOVE EM JUST LIKE I DO!!

BEC'S RHYTHM OF US REVIEW

BEC'S SURRENDER YOUR HEART REVIEW

BEC'S PERFECT FIT REVIEW

BEC'S RETURN TO ME REVIEW

BEC'S ANY MEANS NECESSARY REVIEW

AIMEE JUST CAME OUT WITH A NEW BOOK WITH NICHOLAS BELLA, CALLED UNDISPUTED CHECK OUT THE BOOK BELOW!!

UNDISPUTED AMAZON LINK

THANKS SO MUCH FOR JOINING ME FOR POST 11! THANKS TO AIMEE ALSO FOR SUCH A GREAT POST! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE FRIENDS, HAVE A SAFE ONE!!







No comments:

Post a Comment