COFFEE, TEA & CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS POST 12: ALEXA LAND!!


I AM REALLY EXCITED FOR POST 12 IN MY COFFEE, TEA &CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS EVENT! LOOK BELOW FOR ALEXA LAND'S WONDERFUL POST AND A PIC OF HER OH SO AWESOME TREE! I ALSO HAVE THE LINK AND BOOK INFO FOR WORLDS AWAY,  THE MOST CURRENT BOOK OF HER FIRSTS & FOREVER SERIES, WHICH JUST WENT LIVE HOURS AGO!!! HAPPY RELEASE DAY ALEXA AND ENJOY THE POST GUYS!!!


There’s a Death Star on top of my tree this year. It was my son’s idea, and I gladly went along with it. No, it’s not very traditional, but UNtraditional is my new normal!
I used to decorate the same way each year, with visions of a magazine-perfect Christmas dancing in my head. Everything had to be a vision of loveliness, all ready for its close-up. And frankly, it was exhausting!
But things change. I know I have. When my 20-year marriage ended abruptly in 2013, I had to learn to adapt, in all kinds of ways. That included how I approach the holidays.
Fast forward a few years. My son is thirteen now, and one thing hasn’t changed: I’m all about making the holidays magical for him.
Here’s the thing, friends: kids really don’t care if the tree and decorations look like something out of a magazine. They also don’t care if you spend a million hours in the kitchen cooking and baking for the holiday. And they don’t need a mountain of presents, either.
I opted to do something special and different this year and took my son on a Christmas Disney cruise. We got home late on the 23rd, so you know what? My Christmas cookies came from the bakery. And Christmas dinner is going to be a great, big lasagna. Nope, we’re not Italian and that’s not our tradition, but it’s yummy and I can assemble it ahead of time,while my son is at his dad’s on Christmas Eve. Then all I have to do is just pop it in the oven on Christmas, and I’ll have more time to spend with my kiddo. (
Christmas doesn’t have to be picture-perfect. And you really don’t have to stick to the same traditions year after year if they don’t bring you joy! That Death Star on top of my tree makes me smile every time I look at it. It makes my kiddo smile, too. I call that a holiday win!
Wherever you are and whatever you celebrate, I wish you happiness and the joy of the season!




WITH A TREE TOPPER LIKE THAT WHO WOULDN'T LOVE THE HOLIDAYS! THANKS ALEXA, FOR A WONDERFUL POST! NOW FOR THE BOOK INFO FOR WORLDS AWAY: I JUST STARTED IT AND I AM LOVING IT OF COURSE!! 

Does love stand a chance between two men from different worlds, when they’re both being pulled in opposite directions?

Sawyer MacNeil is looking for answers. His time in the Army didn’t go as planned, and he’s still reeling from the end of a relationship that never should have happened in the first place. Now he’s trying to get his life together, while struggling to come to terms with a side of himself he’s always kept hidden.

Sparks fly when Sawyer meets Alastair, an upper-class British graduate student whose future has been mapped out since birth. Alastair can’t promise anything more than a hook-up. He doesn’t have much time left in the States, and a mountain of responsibility and a disapproving family are waiting for him back in the UK. And yet, whatever’s happening between them feels like so much more than a fling. 

When tragedy strikes and the two are separated just days after meeting, will Sawyer risk everything to follow his heart?




I HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED THE COFFEE, TEA & CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS EVENT, I HAVE REALLY ENJOYED DOING IT! THANKS TO ALEXA AND ALL THE AUTHORS WHO TOOK TIME OUT OF THEIR BUSY HOLIDAY SEASON TO POST FOR ME! NOW GRAB WORLDS AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, I KNOWYOU WILL LOVE IT!! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment