DAN SKINNER SPOTLIGHT

TODAY WE HAVE THE WONDERFULLY TALENTED DAN (D.W.) SKINNER IN OUR SPOTLIGHT!! WE HAVE AN INTERVIEW, A LOOK AT MY REVIEW FOR HIS WONDERFUL BOOK MEMORIZING YOU, AND LINKS TO ALL SORTS OF WAYS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH DAN AN BUY HIS BOOKS! CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED! 



AS A LOT OF YOU KNOW, DAN IS A FIRST CLASS PHOTOGRAPHER, AND I THOUGHT I WOULD ADD ONE OF HIS PICS, THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE SO FAR:




I LOVE THIS ONE, SO ROMANTIC! DAN HAS SUCH TALENT! NOW FOR OUR INTERVIEW, HOPE YOU ENJOY IT:



Today we are thrilled to be interviewing Dan (Dw) Skinner! I love all of his books, and can't wait for the one he has coming out! Let's find out about that and so much more in our interview:

1. You are a brilliant photographer, this is well known, when did you decide that you wanted to add writer to your resume,and what led you in that direction?


I've actually always wrote stuff. I submitted one of them a few years ago to a publisher and they took it. Then I knew I had more stories to tell and just kept writing..and still am. I'm compulsive that way. Lol

Bec- Well I, and I know the rest of your fans are so glad you submitted that book, and that you continue to give us new books to fall in love with!

2. I love how your books express so much heart and feeling, do you find it hard to translate that into your writing, because if I may say, you make it look effortless! 

I actually just write the way that I talk. If I read through a sentence and it feels like something that could come out of my own mouth then I'm happy with it. That's the only way I know how to explain it.

Bec- Whatever you are doing, don't stop doing it, cause it is working like a charm! :)


3. You have a few books under your belt, which one would you say is the closest to your heart?

Memorizing You is closest to my heart because it was my way to re-affirm my belief in love during a time that was very trying for myself. It made me stronger to write it.

Bec-  That book seems like a favorite of all your fans too, me included, though all your books are awesome, and come from such a raw and personal place that is is hard to choose really!

4. You are into cardio workouts I hear, is that a way to relieve the stress and pressure that comes with publishing books?

I'm addicting to working out. It's not only my way of relieving stress, but I do my best "writing" while running because I think so clearly.

Bec- It is great that working out is so cleansing for you, but I have to say if you saw me running that would mean someone is chasing me, so I don't know how clearly I would be thinking! Haha

5. We have mentioned your photography, and your writing, are they equally as therapeutic for you, or does one edge out the other? 

I love both equally for what they each offer. A photo shows you what the mind imagines and the mind shows you what cannot fit into a photo.

Bec- That is an awesome way to look at it! Yes I can see where both would be a release of sorts! 

6. You are working on a horror novel now, is that a welcome challenge for you, and if so in what way?


This has been a pet project of mine for many years when I first had the initial concept. I dreaded doing it because of its complexity and the vast scope of the book. I don't like doing things in a small way and this book will be a testimony to that. For people who say they will never read a horror novel I'm gonna give them their one exception because this is truly an adventure in storytelling. It will not be what people expect. I think many will find it ultimately more thrilling than horrifying. 

Bec- Sounds exciting! I know I and many others can't wait to check it out, I know that with you writing it, we will be in for a wonderful read!

7. You have very good interaction with your fans, and other authors, is that something that motivates you to keep writing, the love of your fans?

I love people who give me feedback and ideas. The best way to get the greatest ideas is to make sure people are your friends rather than fans.

Bec- WOW! Another great way to look at things! You have the most wonderful way of looking at life! I know I speak for everyone when I say we are honored to be your friends!! :)

8. Last one Dan, I promise, Is there one particular person or author that inspired you to write? 

John Knowles. The Book: A Separate Peace. Still can't think about it without falling apart.. which is ironic considering I hear that continually about Memorizing You which paid homage to it.

Bec- I haven't read that one, but I will be sure to now. That must be an honor to hear that as an author, that your book moved people in such an intense way!

Thanks so much for being here with us Dan, we have enjoyed having you today, please come back anytime! :)


TOLD YOU THAT WAS GONNA BE A BALL! THANKS FOR THE INTERVIEW DAN, THAT WAS LOADS OF FUN! NOW FOR MY REVIEW OF MEMORIZING YOU, I WROTE IT A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO, BUT THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE GIVEN ITS PROPER DUES, AS DO ALL DAN'S BOOKS, SO LETS TAKE ANOTHER LOOK:

  

                            Memorizing You by: Dan Skinner
                                                       reviewed by: Becky



Two high school boys from different walks of life: Ryan, a handsome athlete, and David, an average joe from a blue collar family, discover their desires, stealing their kisses under the cover of an old oak at night. Their love begins a secret life, hidden from their families, friends, and classmates. As their passion grows, so does the danger of their discovery. Their only hope is to create a separate world where every kiss is a treasure and every moment... memorable.

First love. Secret love. Unforgettable love.







I should be very upset with Dan Skinner for gutting me the way he did with this book, but alas I am not, in fact I am now a forever fan of this author. The way in which Dan pulls you not just into the story, but in parts of the book into a different time, is effortless beautiful and real, and you will not soon forget this book. I do not under any circumstances, do spoilers in a review, so all I will say is get the tissues ready ladies and gents cause you will need them! A beautiful work of art that will stay with you long after you finish. Thank you Dan for leaving a piece of your soul on the pages of this book! 
                                                             *5 Stars*


NOW FOR SOME LINKS SO YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH DAN, AND LINKS TO HIS BOOKS! 




OK FOLKS, YOU HAVE THE LINKS, NOW USE 'EM! DAN LOVES TO HEAR FROM HIS FANS SO DROP HIM A LINE, AND CHECK OUT HIS BOOKS, I CAN TELL YOU THAT THEY ARE ALL EXCELLENT! 

THANKS DAN FOR BEING IN OUR SPOTLIGHT TODAY! 



No comments:

Post a Comment