FIRESIDE CHAT WITH PIPER KAY!!

WE ARE IN WEEK TWO OF OUR FIRESIDE CHATS, AND WE ARE SO THRILLED TO HAVE THE LOVELY PIPER KAY JOINING US! WE HAVE AN INTERVIEW AND LINKS TO HER BOOKS AND PERSONAL SITES, SO COME IN AND HAVE A SEAT AND LET'S GET STARTED!





LET'S START WITH THE INTERVIEW! PIPER WAS A DELIGHT TO CHAT WITH, YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN:




We are here today with the lovely Piper Kay! We are gonna sit by the fire and have a nice long chat, wont you pull up a chair and join us?
The Holiday season is here already this year, what is something that you do to relax when you find it all a bit overwhelming?
Booze! I’m totally kidding about that.  To be honest, I um… Hang on, let me start over. Could you define relax please. Bwahaha No, seriously I’m not sure that I’ve ever relaxed or even know how. Those men in my head don’t really allow much of that.  The closest I get to relaxing is when I just unplug from it all. I’ll hit a concert occasionally because music has always been my escape from pretty much everything. But if it’s night time, I’ll make a cup of coffee and just sit outside where it’s peaceful. I have these two owls that live in the tree in my yard, and listening to them is a strange thing. They’re loud, but it’s calming.
Bec- Yeah I can see where those boys in your head wouldn’t let you rest, and believe me I know kids aren’t so good for it as well! I too like to unplug and listen to music, and escape is nice when you can do it! :)

2. Do you ever have to take a break from a certain storyline because it gets to much for even you?
Do you mean like “cold shower” breaks? Hahaha Actually, I’ve only had to really have a break from one story, Eight Second Cowboy. I had the bright idea to try writing it in 3rd person pov without understanding exactly what that meant. I had such a mess of a story it was ridiculous. I seriously trashed it, as in all over the place from 1st to 3rd and character to character. I had to step away from it. It took me about seven months before I worked up the nerve to open it again.
Bec- Well at least you had the nerve to open it again, it is not pretty when I get frustrated, and it would have been gone forever if I was at the helm, haha.
3. I know you live in Texas, so like me, you rarely have snowy winters, is there some thing you like to do to bring the holidays to life?
A couple months prior to Christmas, I usually start making more ornaments and those little village scenes. Everything is homemade, so it takes a little time. Hey, that’s something relaxing right? I knew I had to have something in there. That kind of brings in the holiday feel for me. I always decorate early so I’m not in a rush to do it last minute.

Bec- Having four girls, I am not allowed to decorate, the kids are all over that! :) I just have to pay for it, or the stuff to make it! It is a good project for the kids so I just nod and swipe the card!

4. Have you gotten a question from a fan that was just too bizarre to answer? You don’t have to tell what it was, just generalize. :)
Oh where to start that list…hmmm! And even worse, how to word it. There have been two that stand out to me. Once was a lady, who told me she read my books and could I please write more for her, before I went to hell for corrupting innocent minds. At first I thought she was joking, she wasn’t. The other was from a man, who included a picture of his, um…tallywacker, asking if I could write his into a story. I did reply. I merely pointed out that he needed to zoom the picture up to a full 100% as I was having a hard time seeing it.

Bec- HAHA! That’ll teach him, or maybe not! Serves him right though! (still chuckling)

5. What are your favorite Holiday Memories or treasures?
Having my kids help me cook Thanksgiving and waking up early to watch the surprise and joy, pure happiness of my kids opening presents and how excited they get.
Bec- That is a special time at my house too, nothing rivals the joy you get from seeing your children happy!

6. Have you ever thought about writing a holiday story? I bet it would be wonderful!
I have thought about it, and I think it would actually go more towards the romance side of things. I’ve just not had the time to do it the way I would want to do, not in time to make a holiday yet. I’ve actually thought about doing it with the men of The Passion Series. Who knows-maybe that can happen in time for the 2015 holidays.
Ooh that would be awesome! As would an Invicta Holiday Jingle Your Bells Dance Off! Jus sayin! :)

7. We are hosting a release party for you on January 18th, can you tell us a little about the book that is coming out?
Oh yes and thank you. It’s called Passion’s Pride, and it’s the last story in The Passion Series. Okay, this story…(hands out like a referee) it was never supposed to happen. In fact, the main character was never supposed to do anything but say a couple lines and go away, period. I didn’t even name him. The character was originally developed to tie in a plot line in book two, Payce’s Passion. But, when he made his debut, he let everyone know he was not taking the back seat on this. So I named him Serge. Talk about a scene stealer, he is. Right off the bat, he’s given a nickname, Sparky and sometimes his nickname has a nickname, Sparks. He’s quicker than all get out and will fire you right up like a lightning strike, hence his nickname. Well Sparky, so many things about him came into play, but I knew he had to have a story all to himself. He is this 20 year old little hottie (hence the reason for the cover model, Jaxon Radoc. LOL) Sparky has it all, he’s sexy, hysterical, flirty, a bit bossy, hyper, even tempered, but loyal. Even though he’s a bit naïve sometimes, the man has this heart that won’t quit. He’s so dedicated to his job and his friends, it’s amazing. You can’t shut him out, because him not being in the middle of something is just not acceptable in his world. So I felt he deserved his own story and Passion’s Pride is it. Sparky and Ash (also a character from book two) this story is for them, but as you saw in book two’s epilogue, their worlds seem to be turning upside down. There’s is a relationship where they’ll both have to swallow a bit of pride and a lot of hard work to make it, if they even can. All the characters from the previous two books will be in the story as well. I can’t tell you how it ends, because I haven’t finished it yet. lol

Bec- I can’t wait for it I know that! I love this series, and as with all your books I have read, these guys hold a special place in my heart!

8. Do you start off a series knowing exactly how many books will be in it? Or do you kinda let the material decide>?

I don’t even start off a series knowing it will be a series-hahaha. No, not usually. Well, I guess that varies on the storyline. With my Invicta Series, I had guesstimated four or five books to tell the story, but with the Passion Series, that originally started out as one stand alone. I was down to the last few pages literally and was going to move on to the next story, but things changed and all the characters decided to change my planned ending. LOL They do this now every day, all of them. In book two of The Passion Series, Payce’s Passion, well about half way through it, I knew that Sparky had to be given a story, he was just too damn cool not too. hahahhaa
Bec- Too right, I was really hoping he would have a book, so thanks for that so much! I guess the boys in the books dictate wether they want more than one book or not!

Thanks so much Piper, for being here and chatting with us, we have really enjoyed it and hope you come back again soon!

HOW MUCH FUN WAS THAT! NOW WE HAVE LOTS OF LINKS SO YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH PIPER, AND GET HER GREAT BOOKS!
     

Naughty Nibbler Newsletter Sign-up

Piper Kay   M/M Author-Gay Erotica, Erotic Romance
photo
Company: Hot Ink Press/CHBB/Evernight


THANKS SO MUCH FOR JOINING US TODAY! WE HOPE YOU HAD AS MUCH FUN AS WE DID! ON BEHALF OF MIKE AND PIPER, HAVE A LOVELY HOLIDAY SEASON!



No comments:

Post a Comment