OUT OF THE BLUE REVIEW WITH GUEST REVIEW!



BOY IS THIS A GREAT BOOK I HAVE FOR YOU NOW, AND I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE CLAUDIA BACK TO GUEST REVIEW IT FOR ME! I HAVE HER REVIEW THE LINKS, AND EVEN AN EXCERPT FOR YOU, IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OUT OF THE BLUE BY RJ JONES, BOY OH BOY DO YOU NEED TOO! CHECK IT OUT:



I LOVE THIS QUOTE SHE CHOSE, SPOT ON THIS IS!! HERE IS HER REVIEW:


                                            Out of the Blue by: Rj Jones
                                                        reviewed by: Claudia


Lt Cameron Cooper has been with the San Francisco Fire Department for fifteen years. He’s seen and dealt with a lot of horrifying situations. He’s always considered himself mentally tough, but when he attends a multi-vehicle accident and sees a dead boy with features remarkably similar to his long-time boyfriend, his mental health takes a hit.

All Jake Montgomery wants is to propose to his boyfriend on their ten-year anniversary. He’s already bought the perfect rings, but when Cameron struggles to look at him after a tragic accident, he has doubts about their future. Cam is withdrawing, and Jake doesn’t know why.

With heated arguments and cold shoulders, Cam and Jake’s life starts to fall apart. Just when Cam thinks he can overcome his issues and finally talk to Jake, memories from Jake’s past threaten to push them apart forever.




Wow!!!  Where do I start with this book? 

The phrase from the blurb “When everything happens Out of the blue…” describes exactly how Jake must have felt when Cameron, his love of more than 9 years, starts to withdraw.  I mean, how would you feel if suddenly your loved one couldn’t look you in the eyes, talk to you or at least explain to you what’s happening?  How to deal with old insecurities resurfacing and making you doubt all you had as truth? How to keep going when you feel you’re losing your love, your rock, your ground?  All that you thought you had for granted?

And Cameron, Oh my!  In some parts I wanted to hug him and in some others I wanted to shake some sense into him!  I could feel in my heart all his pain, doubts and insecurities about how to deal with his mental health. How to stop this avalanche from crumbling his relationship…  How to be whole again…

This book is an amazing roller coaster that will keep you glued until the last page!

I think “Wow” describes this great book perfectly!   You can’t miss it!


                                                   the 5 wedding band rating :)

YEP CLAUDIA, WOW PRETTY MUCH CAPTURES HOW YOU WILL FEEL ABOUT THIS ONE, LOVE THE BANDS SHE CHOSE! HERE ARE THE LINKS:





NOW FOR AN EXCERPT: YOU GUYS ARE GONNA SOOO WANT THIS BOOK!

My emotions threatened to overwhelm me. Anger, jealousy, betrayal, sadness, and hurt hit me all at once, and I couldn’t sit there any longer. I swallowed past the lump in my throat as I downed the remainder of my beer and politely, yet quickly, made my excuses. Cam caught me by the arm as I reached the street. “Hey, babe, what’s…?” He glanced away from me quickly and focused on the ground, and my anger boiled over. 

I placed my sunglasses on and hissed at him, “Better? Can you talk to me now that you can’t see my eyes?” Cam remained silent as he stared at the ground. “Fuck you, Cameron. Just… fuck you.” Cam looked up, his eyes wide. We had never spoken to each other that way, and he deflated, his shoulders slumping in defeat. He looked sad and weary, and if I wasn’t so angry, I would’ve felt sorry for him. Instead, I felt sorry for myself.

 Without another word said between us, I turned and left. Our apartment was empty and quiet, and after changing into my running gear, I took off. It was going to be a long run; I needed to wear myself out. A run usually emptied my head, but it didn’t work that time. As I ran through Golden Gate Park, I couldn’t remember how I’d gotten there. My head was so full of everything going on I couldn’t recall which route I’d taken. It was late and the park was eerily dark and silent as the moon above shone through the trees with fingers of silvery light, the dull thud of my feet hitting the path my only company. 

I came to a wooden bench and dropped onto it, exhausted from the run but also emotionally wrung out. Cradling my head in my hands, my shoulders heaved and the lump in my throat threatened to choke me. Tears welled in my eyes, and I was powerless to stop them. I cried then, my body wracked with confusion and grief. I cried for everything I had and for everything I could feel slipping away from me.

SERIOUSLY FRIENDS, THIS BOOK WILL BREAK YOUR HEART THEN GIVE YOU HOPE! THANKS CLAUDIA FOR THE WONDERFUL REVIEW! SEE YOU GUYS NEXT TIME!


No comments:

Post a Comment