SPELLBOUND RELEASE DAY REVIEW!!



HEY THERE FRIENDS, I HAVE A RELEASE DAY REVIEW FOR YOU TODAY! JACOB FLORES RELEASED BOOK 1 IN THE WARLOCK BROTHERS OF HAVENBRIDGE SERIES, SPELLBOUND, AND BOY IS IT A GREAT ONE! I HAVE MY REVIEW, THE BUY LINK AND GOODREADS LINK, AN EXCERPT AND AN AUTHOR BIO AND SOCIAL LINKS FOR YOU, SO LET'S GET STARTED:

OH MY THIS IS PERFECT FOR MASON, BLESS HIM! YOU WILL LOVE HIM TOO, HERE IS MY REVIEW:

            Spell Bound (The Warlock Brothers of Havenbridge #1) 
                                  by: Jacob Z. Flores                 reviewed by: Becky


Mason Blackmoor just can’t compete with his brothers, much less his father. They represent the epitome of black magic, strong, dark, and wicked, and though Mason tries to live up to his respected lineage, most of the spells he casts go awry. To make matters worse, his active power has yet to kick in. While his brothers wield lightning and harness the cold, Mason sits on the sidelines, waiting for the moment when he can finally enter the magical game.

When a dead body is discovered on the football field of his high school, Mason meets Drake Carpenter, the new kid in town. Drake’s confident demeanor and quick wit rub Mason the wrong way. Drake is far too self-assured for someone without an ounce of magical blood in his body, and Mason aims to teach him a lesson—like turn him into a roach. And if he’s lucky, maybe this time Mason won’t be the one turned into an insect.

Not surprisingly, the dislike is mutual, and Drake does nothing to dispel Mason’s suspicion that the sexy boy with a southern drawl is somehow connected to the murder.


If only Mason didn’t find himself inexplicably spellbound whenever they are together, they might actually find out what danger hides in the shadows.




I love it when a character grabs me at the first of a book and I just continue to get more attached to them as the book goes on! This happened with  Mason,  he is so well written and developed, you can't help but gravitate toward him!

Most of  Mason's fellow students at his high school are wary of him, and they don't even really know why, but Mason does, and he hates that he can't brag about his secret, but alas a Warlock can not share his secret with 'mere mortals' ;)! 

Mason may be feared at school, but at home, well that is a different story, he is tired of being the low man on the totem poll, less in the eyes of his father and brothers because of a few mistakes. This isn't the only thing that sets him apart, Mason has questions about magic, and how his father's telling of black magic doesn't quite sit well with him.

A body is discovered at his high school, and Mason will have to work with the others to find out who invaded the town and brought death and destruction with it! As if that isn't enough, add in the addition of Drake to the school, a real looker with a sexy southern drawl who Mason is both suspicious of and drawn to at the same time.

This book is wonderful and will keep you on your toes from cover to cover, I love a book that does that! You will be enamored with this book and this family, and want to know even more (thank goodness this is book 1 in a series huh? :P). I can't wait for you guys to read this. The first meeting between Mason and Drake is great, even though it is less than friendly, you can just feel the attraction between the two. Will they act on it, or will the problems of the town keep these two apart?

So many questions, but as you know friends, I don't do spoilers, so you will have to wait and see :), thanks Jacob, for such a well developed book 1, I can't wait for book two already!


                                                the 5 A&W root beer rating :)

I HAD TO DO THE ROOT BEER RATING IN HONOR OF ONE OF MASON'S TWO FAVORITE FLAVORS ;P! HERE IS THE DREAMSPINNER LINK, AND THE GOODREADS LINK:

DREAMSPINNER BUY LINK

GOODREADS LINK

GRAB THIS ONE FRIENDS, YOU WILL BE VERY GLAD YOU DID! HERE IS AN EXCERPT FOR YOU:

“Mind if I join ya?” No one ever asked to sit with us at lunch. I was just about to tell the newcomer to fuck off when the sight of his big cornflower blue eyes stole the words from my lips. I’d never seen this dude before in my life, and I would certainly remember him if I had. He was the hottest guy I’d ever seen. A white V-neck T-shirt under a black vest covered his lean, muscular chest, and the arms that held his tray were smooth, creamy, and nicely defined. He obviously spent time in the gym. His shaggy blond hair blocked his vision, and he shook his head to the left to clear his view. When he could see again, he arched a big bushy eyebrow at  us and said, “Uh, are y’all deaf or somethin’? ’Cause if this is the shortbus table, it don’t bother me none.”

 What the hell did he just say? “Are you calling us retards?” Brandon asked. I winced. I hated that word, but Brandon didn’t notice. He stood and growled. “Not really,” he replied through clenched teeth. He clearly didn’t like the word Brandon used any more than I did. “I’m just sayin’ if y’all happen to be special needs, then that’s no skin off my teeth.” Where the fuck was this guy from? His Southern accent meant he hadn’t been born in Massachusetts, and he definitely wasn’t from Havenbridge. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be talking to us like this. No matter how hot he was, the kid needed to learn his place. My older brothers disrespected me enough; I wasn’t going to let some country bumpkin insult me and get away with it. I nodded at Eddie. “This is our table, newbie,” Eddie said. “Why don’t you take your hillbilly ass somewhere else?” “That’s not very hospitable,” he said as he slid onto the bench next to me. His body heat filled the space between us, and my cock sprang to life. What the fuck? How could this guy piss the shit out of me and turn me on at the same time?

 Thankfully, Brandon reacted the way he always did. His face turned redder than a clown’s nose. He was about five seconds away from grabbing this guy by the throat and throwing him against the wall. That didn’t seem to bother the hot hick, though. He unfolded his napkin and placed it on his lap. This guy had balls. I had to give him that much. “Maybe you’re the retard.” I snapped my attention to Simon as he leaned across the table. I was going to have a talk with these boys about their language. If someone said that word one more time, I was going to lose it. “’Cause I don’t think you’re hearing what we’re saying.” “Oh, I hear you,” he said, picking up his plastic spork. “I’m just choosin’ to ignore you.” I’d had about enough of his attitude. I turned in my seat and glared at him. He didn’t acknowledge my presence. He stared straight ahead as if he wasn’t seconds away from a beat down. Or being turned into a fly that I would take great pleasure in swatting. “Is there a reason you’ve come over here to start trouble with us?” He seemed intent on picking some kind of fight, and he was prodding the wrong boy at this school.

 He took a bite of his spaghetti casserole, grimaced, and spat it out into his napkin. He had balls and better taste in food than most people around here. “Not at all,” he replied with a smile that was genuine and not forced. What was his deal? He offended us but then had the ’nads to pretend he’d done nothing wrong. “I was just being friendly, is all. It’s your friends here who think intimidatin’ me will make me run off with my tail ’tween my legs. I don’t do that for no one.” “And we don’t let ‘no one’ just sit at our table.” “Well, I guess I’m someone, then, ain’t I? Because here I am, sittin’ at your precious table.” If we weren’t in the middle of the cafeteria, he’d be dead underneath a fly swatter. He was talking to me as if he had magical blood to back him up, but he was nothing more than an ignorant human.

TOLD YOU MASON AND DRAKE'S FIRST MEETING WAS GREAT! NOW YOU GOTTA GRAB THIS BOOK TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS RIGHT? I KNEW IT ;P HERE IS A BIO ON JACOB AND HIS SOCIAL LINKS:

Jacob Z. Flores lives a double life. During the day, he is a respected college English professor and mid-level administrator. At night and during his summer vacation, he loosens the tie and tosses aside the trendy sports coat to write man on man fiction, where the hard ass assessor of freshmen level composition turns his attention to the firm posteriors and other rigid appendages of the characters in his fictional world.

Summers in Provincetown, Massachusetts, provide Jacob with inspiration for his fiction. The abundance of barely clothed man flesh and daily debauchery stimulates his personal muse. 

When he isn’t stroking the keyboard, Jacob spends time with his daughter. They both represent a bright blue blip in an otherwise predominantly red swath in south Texas.

You can follow Jacob’s musings on his blog at http://jacobzflores.com or become a part of his social media network by visiting http://www.facebook.com/jacob.flores2 or http://twitter.com/#!/JacobZFlores.



 
THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR MY RELEASE DAY REVIEW, THIS IS A SERIES I KNOW I WILL LOVE EVERY BOOK OF! 


No comments:

Post a Comment