RELEASE DAY REVIEW: STARTING WITH THE UNEXPECTED!!



HI FRIENDS, HAPPY ALMOST WEEKEND (OR WEEKEND ALREADY ;P) I HAVE A RELEASE DAY REVIEW FOR YOU TODAY, I JUST LOVE THOSE! FOR A SPECIAL TREAT I HAVE A GUEST REVIEWER! KYLEE SHELTON IS GONNA TAKE THE HELM ON THIS ONE, AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO SEE HER REVIEW AND GRAPHICS! I HAVE HER REVIEW, BUY LINKS, AND AN EXCERPT SO LET'S GET STARTED WITH 'STARTING WITH THE UNEXPECTED' BY ANDI VAN!




KYLEE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WITH THIS QUOTE! PERFECT! HERE IS HER REVIEW:


          Starting with the Unexpected (Beginnings and Endings)                                                  by Andi Van              reviewed by: Kylee


Zachary Blaise is having a weird week—even by his standards. Though he's gay, the radio personality has been dumped via text by a girl named Marian—and he's never even met her. On top of that, he's developed a massive crush on Marcus, the new waiter at his favorite diner. His best friend thinks the whole thing is hilarious. Marcus’s week hasn’t been his best either. He's been betrayed by those closest to him, and although he isn't the guilty party, Marcus is the one getting harassed. Impossibly, things are about to get even weirder. Marian has secrets, and those secrets are going to make some serious ripples in Zach's life. When he discovers that the girl called Marian is actually the man named Marcus, Zach stumbles down a rabbit hole of abusive ex-boyfriends, psychotic relatives, and revelations from his own past. If he can survive the chaos, the journey might prove worth the effort.





This book was a fun, mostly lighthearted read with the two main characters Zach and Marcus finding friendship then love in one another. 
It was fresh, witty, heartwarming and engaging until the end and had the perfect balance of sweet, sexy and humor. 
I loved the development of Zach and Marcus's relationship and the pacing of the story was excellent.
The plot had just enough twists and turns to keep it interesting.
You will love the secondary characters as well.
I adored this book and I'm confident that everyone who reads it will love it too. 

                                                  the 5 Van Halen rating :)

AWESOME JOB KYLEE, I LOVE THE REASON SHE PICKED THIS RATING AND YOU WILL TOO! HERE ARE THE BUY LINKS:


GRAB IT FRIENDS, TRUST ME YOU WILL LOVE IT JUST LIKE WE DID! HERE IS AN EXCERPT SURE TO TICKLE YOUR FUNNY BONE!

You’re Zach Blaise, aren’t
you?” he asked quietly. “From the morning show at Wave 97.”
I nodded. “Are you new here?” I asked. “I haven’t seen you before.” And God knew I sure as hell would’ve remembered someone that good looking. He would have already been starring in my fantasies. “Sometimes I’m here before I go to work.” “Just started Monday,” Marcus confirmed with a polite smile. “I transferred from the shop across town.” He turned his attention to Jordan and grinned. “You must be the infamous ‘J.’” I never used Jordan’s full name on air or on the Internet. He was either “J” or “my roommate.” I’m sure people could figure out who he was easily enough if they really wanted to, but it was my way of giving him that little bit of privacy everyone deserves. “So, did you really get beaten up by a ‘Save the Dolphins’ girl outside of Trader Joe’s?” Marcus asked him, that adorable grin on his face deepening, showing off a set of dimples. He had dimples. I’d officially died and gone to heaven. Jordan groaned, and I raised my hand. “That was my fault, actually. And he didn’t get beat up so much as she took a swing at him with the clipboard that was holding her petition.” Marcus looked like he was holding back a laugh, and it made his eyes sparkle with mischief. I was this close to begging him for mercy. The man shouldn’t be allowed to get any more attractive. “Okay, I have to ask. How did that happen?” “I wanted an avocado,” I mumbled, feeling myself start to blush. Granted, the story was funny as hell, but it was also kind of embarrassing. “You what?” He paused, shook his head, and looked at his order sheet. “Wait. Let me go put your order in. I get to clock out after I do, and I don’t think Gloria would mind if I joined you before I head home.” “Fine with us,” Jordan said, grinning at me, and I could have kissed him. All right, not really, but I’d probably have been willing to bake him a cake or something. True to his word, Marcus returned minus his apron and sat down next to me. I could feel my face heat up again, and it was probably extremely obvious considering my natural paleness. Ghosts would probably look tan next to me. “Now then,” he said. “Story time. Tell me what actually happened.”
“The last avocado out of the
four-pack I bought went bad before I could eat it, and I really wanted avocado
on my sandwich,” I admitted after I cleared my throat. “So we went to Trader
Joe’s to get another pack. As we were walking out, some girl got in my face—”

 “Pretty close to literally,” Jordan
interrupted. “She almost knocked him over.”

 I nodded. “Right. So she almost
knocks me over and demands to know if I’m ready to save the dolphins. And I
kind of—completely without thinking about it, mind you—said ‘no thanks, already
have one saved for lunch’ as I walked away.”

 Marcus’s mouth fell open in
surprise, and he stayed like that for a second before bursting into a fit of
giggles. Oh dear God, he giggled.

 “I mean, all I wanted was an
avocado, not an environmental forum.”

 HAHAHA TOLD YOU! MAN DO YOU NEED THIS BOOK FRIENDS, THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR THIS RELEASE DAY REVIEW, AND THANK YOU KYLEE FOR THE WONDERFUL REVIEW!


P.S. I JUST HAD TO DO THAT ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment