SUBJECTION RELEASE DAY REVIEW!


HELLO MY FRIENDS, I HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL TODAY, I FOR ONE AM EXCITED! I HAVE A RELEASE DAY REVIEW FOR YOU TODAY (HAVE I MENTIONED I LOVE THOSE LATELY? ;P) SUBJECTION; DEMOTED BOOK 1, BY ALICIA CAMERON IS A WORK OF ART, AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU! I HAVE MY REVIEW, BUY LINK, EXCERPT, AND AN AUTHOR BIO! LET'S GET STARTED:

FIRST HERE IS AN OVERVIEW OF THE DEMOTED SERIES:

The world was almost destroyed because lesser people rose above their natural station, and greater persons allowed themselves to be led by their inferiors. This mistake was corrected with the peace treaty ending the fourth world war.


The superior lead. The inferior are DEMOTED.




YES! THIS IS JUST PERFECT FOR BOTH OF THESE MEN! HERE IS MY REVIEW:


                                    Subjection (Demoted book 1) by: Alicia Cameron
                                                                      reviewed by: Becky

For years, the Demoted were a problem, a waste product of progress. But with the advent of the Miller System—designed to put the Demoted in their place—even these dim-witted slaves could serve society. Persons otherwise lost are given purpose, and placed under the ownership and guidance of responsible citizens. Radicals would tear the system down, but who wants another war?


Cashiel and Sascha aren't radicals. Not at first. Cashiel, son of the Miller System’s founder, wants to bring down his “too big to fail” mother, to scientifically prove that humane treatment will improve the Demoted system. The problem is he’s a little fish compared to his mother’s connections and political savvy. Sascha—an incorrigible. smart-ass hacker—beats the system, becoming Demoted in his brother’s place. Only Sascha ends up a cheap brothel whore.


It isn’t exactly love at first sight when Cashiel buys Sascha. If they can work together, though, they might be able to bring down a system of institutionalized abuse. And possibly find their own happily ever after.




Have you ever had a character that wrapped around your heart and refuse to budge? That is Sascha for me! He has been through so much, yet he refuses to break, you can see that he is scared and unsure at times, but he has been through things that are unspeakable and survived!

I didn't know what to think about Cashiel at first, I thought he was kind of rigid at first, but as you read the book, you realize he has to be. He is Sascha's master, saving him from a horrible situation and making him his own. I came to see Cashiel as a strong, good man who may care more than he let on at first!

This book will take you into a world that is so well described you will be there right along with the characters, and it is one you won't soon forget! What will happen when Sascha gets a little too big for his britches, and will these men rise above the titles of slave and master in their relationship? Read this one to find out! 

There is so much I loved about this book, I know you will feel the same when you read it! Thanks Alicia, for giving us a first book in a series so good I am counting down the days impatiently till I can read book 2!


                                                               the 5 deck of cards rating :)


I CHOSE THAT RATING PIC IN HONOR OF A TALENT OF SASCHA'S :P! HERE IS THE BUY LINK:


NOW HERE IS AN EXCERPT FOR YOU :) :

He stares at me for another moment or two, long enough to make me want to squirm and hide. I resist the urge to cower, because I know he doesn’t like it when I cower.
“The reverse content blocker needs to go,” he says, matter-of-fact. “Do you really think I gave you a tablet so you could sneak around and do illegal things on it?”
I blush furiously and try not to tremble. “No, master.” Simple is better.
“It won’t happen again.” His words aren’t threatening, nor are they a question. It’s like he’s stating that the sky is blue, he knows it with that much certainty.
And he’s right. “No, master.”
He nods. He’s not angry, which is good, because I don’t even know what I’d do if he was angry. He just nods at me and keeps standing there.
“You obviously need more to do with your time,” he states. “Meet me in the dining room in twenty minutes. The content blocker will be removed by then.”
“Yes, master,” I mumble, as he strides away. I disable the content blocker immediately. He hasn’t told me to take away anything else, so I don’t, not yet.
He doesn’t seem angry, but he wasn’t particularly pleased, either. I hadn’t expected him to check, I figured he would have assumed I was just a stupid slave and never thought of it.
I wonder how long he knew before he told me.
With that taken care of, I have a few minutes to ponder his request to meet him. More to do with my time, he said, what does that even mean? I clean when he asks, I try to cook...
I wonder whether he’s going to fuck me or beat me.
I have myself in a blind panic by the time I arrive in the dining room, and I rush to drop to my knees at my master’s feet the second I get there. I don’t wrap myself around his legs, because I’m terrified he might kick me in the face if I try it.
He looks at me critically. “Is there a problem?” It sounds like an accusation.
I stare up at him, silent and stupid. Wait for him to hurt me. He raises an eyebrow, and it’s like I’m afraid he’s going to hit me with it, because I cower away.
“Go get me a soda, calm yourself down, and when you come back, show me some of the things you’ve learned in the training manuals. The ones I sent you and the ones you stole.”
I continue to stare at him, his words landing on my ears like an alien language. The meaning sinks in bit by bit, in little pieces. He knows I stole training manuals. Soda. He knows how terrified I am. He wants a soda. And for me to get it. Calm down. My heart is racing and I can’t breathe, and I realize I’m having a panic attack, which must be why he told me to calm down.
I nod, unable to speak because my chest is too tight and my tongue is too big and my mouth is too dry. My master looks on calmly, through me almost.
I finally manage to force my legs to cooperate, and I get up and walk into the kitchen. I start crying, even though I know I’m being ridiculous, and I go to my knees in there, too, just for a minute, just long enough to catch my breath. Get a soda. Calm down. Show off what I’ve learned.
It shouldn’t be this fucking hard.
OH MY WILL YOU LOVE THIS BOOK! I CAN'T WAIT FOR BOOK 2, SEDITION! HERE IS SOME INFO ON THE AUTHOR:

Alicia Cameron has been making up stories since before she can remember. After discovering erotica during a high school banned books project, she never really turned back. She lives in Denver, Colorado with a tiny dog and rabbit who conspire regularly to distract her from doing anything productive. By day she works in the mental health field and is passionate about youth rights and welfare. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, glitter, and punk rock concerts.

AHHH YES, I CAN IDENTIFY, I TOO ENJOY PUCK ROCK ;), THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR MY RELEASE DAY REVIEW OF SUBJECTION, I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH, AND I KNOW YOU WILL TOO! 

                           (PSST... CLICK ON THE LOGO PIC RIGHT HERE AND IT WILL                                          TAKE YOU RIGHT TO THE AWESOME FORBIDDEN FICTION                                            SITE SO YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT :p ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment