FAB FIVE DAY 8: WRAP UP POST!!


HEY GUYS, MY FRIENDS AND I HAVE HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THE  MY FABULOUS FIVE BLOG POSTS, BUT ALAS ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END!

THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T DO A FUN POST TO WRAP UP THE WEEK THOUGH ;p!!

BELOW I HAVE ME AND SOME OF THE GIRLS WHO DID POSTS THIS WEEK TELLING ABOUT HOW WE STARTED READING MM AND WHAT SOME OF THE FIRSTS ONES WE READ WERE! 

ENJOY GUYS!


BEC'S POST:

I remember vividly how I started reading MM, I was in a word, bored with MF books, I felt like they all ran together and it was just versions of the same story over and over, and for an avid reader, that is not a good thing!! I was scrolling through amazon and saw a book with a hot guy on the cover and checked it out, turns out it was Compromised, Uniformity 1 by Ethan Stone, and that book was amazing, and it really changed my outlook on reading! 

From that book it was balls out (figuratively of course) hunger to buy every MM I could get my hands on, and I haven't looked back! There is so much passion, love, and unity in this genre and the authors who write it, I just don't see me ever wanting to read anything else! :) If you haven't read Compromised, or the rest of the Uniformity series, grab it up, it is brilliant!






KYLEE'S POST:


Hi All!
Bec has asked me to write a paragraph or two on how I got into reading M/M books and what was the first one I read.
Oh how I wish I could remember what book was my very first M/M story cause I would hug it, squeeze it and thank it for opening up a whole new world for me. 
Because of this book I have gained some new awesome friends, met some wonderful authors but mostly learnt that love is love and can never be wrong. 
Now if I had to guess about the book I think it was "Baby Boy" by Alex Anders.

This book had a little bit of everything in it, drama, action, suspense and some real hot loving.
The reason I started to read M/M was I got sick of reading about whiny girls that couldn't function without a man by herself.
It use to drive me nuts!
Then I discovered man on man action and haven't looked back. 





MARINIEVES POST:

I remember the first time I read a complete MM story. It was The Current Between US  from Kindle Alexander. I clearly recall sending them a message on Goodreads about the loving the book and immediately receiving a reply . Really surprised about the great conversation we had.

For me reading MM started after reading ménage books and I was always curious of only MM. I have always been an ally of the LGBT community and I know this opened more doors to meet people that have the same convictions that I have.  





CLAUDIA'S POST:


I was Always fond of hurt / traumatized MC’s... So, I was part of a group that sent weekly, e-mails with book recommendations to us.

In one of those e-mails,  there was a book from Carol Lynne – called Sweet Topping. I fell in love by the blurb, then I realized it was a m/m romance and got really curious… lol… I HAD to read it…

I got hooked from the start… to the book, to Carol Lynne’s Cattle Valley series (that the book was part of), and specially to M/M genre.

It was soo hot to see two guys together, that suddenly I realized how bored I was with the last m/f books I had read.

That happened 8 years ago, and I can say that from that day on, 99% of my reads are mm books, and I don’t intend to change. :)




JESSICA KURVERS POST:


The Current Between Us by Kindle Alexander 

I first saw the book being g promoted on a reading blog I follow. I will admit I was a little afraid at first, since even though I had peeked at a couple mm fan fics, I hadn't made the jump. Finally I made the plunge and jumped in with Trent and Gage! And man what a jump it was! Intense, funny, sweet sexy, everything I loved. And these two guys and the secondary characters around them JUMP off the page and into my heart!!! 





JESSICA KENNEDY'S POST:

Okay so Bec asked me what my first MM book was and how i fell in love with the genre. 


My first MM book was actually a MMF, Night is Darkest by Jayne Rylon, it was so super hot that I immediately got on amazon and looked for more MMF from her. I soon realized though that I was more interested in what the guys were doing together and not so much how the girls fit in lol. Don't get me wrong I adore Jayne and ALL of her books still to this day, you could say she was my "gateway drug" haha.

 My first all MM book that stuck with me was Entangled by Lex Valentine. It's a rockstar friends to lover's book. Taylor and Darren hooked me and firmly planted me in the awesomely sexy and hot MM world for life. I've since become a book junkie who is in love with about 100 different author's. If i started naming them we would be here forever. Besides the amazing stories we get from this genre, we also get some amazing friends from it, we all come together to share our love of our book boyfriend's and  favorite author's. We share teasers and excerpts, we fangirl together and cry together. I love my MM family and I will never read anything else!






WELL GUYS, THAT'S A WRAP ON THE FAB FIVE BLOG POSTS, WE HAVE HAD A BALL DOING THEM, THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR JOINING US, AND IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS ABOVE ( I HAVE READ MOST OF THEM AND THEY ARE WONDERFUL) GRAB EM UP! SEE YOU NEXT TIME WE GET A CRAZY FUN IDEA FOR BLOG POSTS!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment