WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS BLOG HOP: J.P. BARNABY!!!



HELLO FRIENDS, I AM HERE WITH AN AWESOME POST FOR THE WHAT HAPPENED IN VEGAS MARRIAGE EQUALITY BLOG HOP!! I HAVE MY TURN ON THE BLOG HOP, WITH  JP BARANABY! , I HAVE HER CONTRIBUTION TO THE BLOG HOP AND A BIO AND SOCIAL LINKS FOR THIS AUTHOR! LET'S GET TO IT!! HOW EXCITING IS THIS!!



It was a good thing I wasn’t wearing shoes, or they’d be sitting in the bowl right next to everything I’d consumed last night. Some of the booze, I remember. Some of the booze, I’m sure I’ve forgotten. Memories of food seem to be stored somewhere next to the misplaced booze. I slid to my knees and pressed my forehead into my palm. The all-consuming sensation in my head wasn’t pain. It was more than that, a swirling mass of angry bees determined to destroy everything inside my skull.  They were succeeding, at any rate, because I had no memory of the night before. I didn’t know what bar I’d been in. Or how I got back to the hotel room. Most troubling, I didn’t know why I was naked.


The bathroom counter stood empty aside from my own toiletry bag, so Victoria must have moved all of her stuff down the hall into Steven’s room. Damn it, I’d rather have remembered the bar than walking in on my fiancĂ©e fucking my brother. I’d rather have remembered anything other than the x-rated scene playing over and over in my head. At least I’d found out before we hit the chapel. I run a multi-billion dollar corporation, and I never saw it coming, never anticipated the bride banging the best man. What the fuck do I know about love anyway?


The floor seemed much more comfortable than trying to get up, but I couldn’t sit there all day. I had to get up and start making calls to see how to spin my personal life falling apart. Edward Griffin had been photographed earlier that day making his way to Vegas with his girlfriend and his brother. Everyone assumed they were going to tie the knot. Everyone wanted pictures of the wonder couple in front of Elvis with dopey grins on their faces. Everyone would be disappointed.


My body creaked when I pushed myself off the cold tile and to my feet. Even though my thirty-first birthday had been two weeks ago, I felt old. An old man trapped in the body of a young geek from the Bronx. Now, I lived in a penthouse in Manhattan, of course. It didn’t make me younger.


Brushing my teeth nearly made me gag, but I needed to pull myself together. The cool water against my skin when I washed my face made me feel almost human. Everything shifted from normal to off, and I tried to force it right again in my head. Speaking of my head, I grabbed a bottle of Advil from the travel bag and swallowed three with another glass of tepid water. Sarah, my assistant, would be calling any time for a press release. I had to think of something.


At least I’d had enough sense to pull the blackout curtains across the obnoxiously brilliant day outside. As I made my way to my suitcase to find underwear, I noticed two rapid things in succession. First, a trail of clothes, far too many for one person, led to the bed. Second, and more disturbing, a naked guy lay sprawled across the sheets.


A guy.


Naked.


In my bed.


The bed I just crawled out of.


Naked.


This could not be happening.


I fell into the chair next to my open suitcase and wished for the thousandth time my head would stop pounding, so the world might start making sense again. My iPhone lay on the floor near the pants I’d been wearing the night before. The phone I couldn’t be physically parted from under normal circumstances. I leaned forward in the chair, tipping it slightly as I reached for it. The case slid under my fingers and I tried again, slamming the chair against the wall as I righted myself, phone in hand. I turned it over and hit the button to turn it on before noticing the hundreds of tiny slivers of glass splayed across the front.


Christ, could this day get any worse?


“Well, good morning husband,” a sleepy, seductive voice asked from the bed. He played with the gold band around his ring finger, spinning it like a new toy. It was only then that I looked down to see a matching ring on my own hand.


Guess that answers my question.
OMG WHO NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, HAHAHA THIS IS GREAT! NOW FOR A BIO ON JP AND HER SOCIAL LINKS!!




Award winning romance novelist, J. P. Barnaby has penned over a dozen books including the Working Boys series, the Little Boy Lost series, In the Absence of Monsters, and Aaron. As a bisexual woman, J.P. is a proud member of the GLBT community both online and in her small town on the outskirts of Chicago. A member of Mensa, she is described as brilliant but troubled, sweet but introverted, and talented but deviant. She spends her days writing software and her nights writing erotica, which is, of course, far more interesting. The spare time that she carves out between her career and her novels is spent reading about the concept of love, which, like some of her characters, she has never quite figured out for herself.
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3240453.J_P_Barnaby


 THANKS FOR JOINING MY LEG OF THE BLOG HOP!!! SEE YOU AT THE NEXT STOP!



No comments:

Post a Comment