THE LATEST FIVE: V.L. LOCEY!!


HELLO FRIENDS! I HAVE MY LATEST FIVE POST TODAY AND I HAVE FEATURED ONE OF MY FAVES, V.L. LOCEY! I HAVE HER (AND SOMETIMES THE AMAZING R.J. SCOTT WRITING WITH HER) LATEST 5 BOOKS WITH COVERS AND LINKS, AND EVEN EXCERPTS OF HER TWO BOOKS THAT ARE UPCOMING! LET'S GET TO IT! 


FIRST SEASON: 
HARRISBURG RAILERS 2
with RJ SCOTT
PUBLISHED SEPT. 2017
AMAZON LINK


Layton wants success, Adler wants family, how can love make both these things possible?
Layton Foxx works hard for what he has. The condo, the career, the chance to make his mark, is all down to the sacrifices he has made. With tragedy in his past, he doesn’t want or need love. Then he meets Adler Lockhart, the extroverted, sexy winger for the Harrisburg Railers and abruptly he can’t avoid love even if he wanted to.
Adler Lockhart has had everything handed to him his whole life. Cars, villas, cash, college tuition at the finest Ivy League schools. The only things he doesn’t have are parents who care or the love of a good man. Then Layton walks into his privileged life and shows him what real love can be like.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK, AND YOU WILL TOO! 


IMPROPER FRACTION
PUBLISHED OCT. 2017
AMAZON LINK


O’Malley Ramsey, math aficionado, grew up next door to Garrison Rook, All-American athlete. While O’Malley dreamed of numbers and kissing Garrison, Garrison’s tastes ran to home runs and hot chicks. During a family celebration the night before both young men were heading off for college, O’Malley joyously discovers that Garrison isn’t quite as straight as the star athlete had been pretending to be. Vows to return to each other quickly followed a few clumsy kisses in the old treehouse in the Rook’s backyard.

O’Malley came home to Garrison. Garrison never returned to O’Malley.

Four years later, the two ex-friends meet up at a summer camp where O’Malley is serving as a counselor. Garrison is desperate to make things right with his childhood friend, but can O’Malley, still nursing the pain and mistrust of Garrison’s betrayal, ever forgive or love Garrison again?


OF COURSE THIS BOOK IS AMAZING, LOOK WHO WROTE IT!!! 


DEEP EDGE
HARRISBURG RAILERS 3
with RJ SCOTT
PUBLISHED DEC 2017
AMAZON LINK

One man’s passion, another man’s lies. Can love fix even the darkest of hearts?
Trent Hanson is a figure skating phenom adored by millions around the world. His whole life has been dedicated to the sport he loves even when the sport - and his own family - have turned against him. From the playground to the Olympics to his parent’s living room, Trent has fought against bullies and homophobes to be the out and proud gay man he is. But the constant fighting has left Trent tired, lonely, and skittish. All those fears will have to be shelved though when he’s hired to spend the summer working with the Harrisburg Railers ice hockey team. Who would have guessed that the man fate has decided to pair him off with is Dieter Lehmann, all-around sex god and a man who seems to have everything to prove and doesn’t care who he hurts to get what he wants.
Dieter has spent too many years languishing in the minors, and a secret addiction to prescription painkillers means his career is in a downward spiral. His ex is blackmailing him, and he’s close to walking away from it all. But when he’s called up in the run for the Stanley Cup to cover injuries he has a taste of what it’s like playing in the NHL, and he realizes that a place on the Railers’ roster is what he wants more than anything. More than listening to his heart, and even more than caring for the infuriating figure skater who gets under his skin. When he crosses the line to get what he wants, he knows he has lost his way. He has to change, but is it too late for both his career and any chance he might have at love?

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR GUYS, THIS SERIES IS WONDERFUL! 


COACHES CHALLENGE
CAYUGA COUGARS 3
PUBLISHED JAN 2018

Victor Kalinski and his husband, Dan Arou, are living the dream. Married for over a year now, the couple have settled into life in Cayuga surrounded by friends, family, and a team that’s poised to make another championship run. Each man is enjoying professional success as well as personal bliss. Who knew life in the suburbs with a spouse and a child could be so darn satisfying? Not Vic. K, that’s for sure.

The happy times are about to turn rough, though. The Cougars have picked up a new player, Sander March, a brash young center whose sass, skill, and attitude can rival Victor’s. When it’s revealed that this new player and Dan have history, tensions begin to rise between the newlyweds.

As Victor and Dan work on those issues, the one person Victor never thought he would meet arrives in the small New York hamlet and proceeds to flip everything in Vic’s life upside down. Can Victor and Dan’s marriage withstand what life is about to drop on it, or will the challenges be too much for them to handle?


EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVE SERIES EVER, SO THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING TO ME!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT, AND I MIGHT CRY IF YOU GUYS DON'T READ THIS SERIES! 

POKE CHECK
HARRISBURG RAILERS 4
with RJ SCOTT
PUBLISHED JAN 2018
AMAZON LINK

One scorching summer in each other’s arms could never be enough.
Stanislav “Stan” Lyamin is happy playing for the Railers. The towering goalie is well-loved, respected, and making a home for himself even though that home only contains him, his cat, and his growing Pokemon trading card collection. Stan prefers it that way.
He’d given his heart to a man in a secret affair, and that man walked away, leaving Stan shattered. Now Erik is back in his life, and he has the same tumultuous effect he had on Stan’s heart as before. This time it’s not just a kissable mouth and sweet blond curls that Erik has brought to Harrisburg, there’s a soon-to-be ex-wife and a precious baby.
Despite the vow Stan made to hate Erik forever, he’s now finding it harder and harder to turn away.
Erik Gunnarsson’s dream had always been to play in the NHL, he just never imagined he’d land a contract with the Railers. Who would have thought that fate would put him on the same team as Stanislav Lyamin; the man whose heart he’d callously broken?
Secrets and lies had defined their summer relationship, and the choice that Erik made to end it all haunts him still. In the middle of a messy divorce and with a baby in tow, Erik finds himself back in Stan’s life. Now all he has to do is be the best dad he can be, prove to the team that he deserves the chance to stay on the roster and try his hardest to get Stan to forgive him.
Is it possible to persuade a man who hates you to give love a second chance? 

I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SHARE V.L.'S LATEST FIVE WITH YOU, BUT NOW I HAVE NOT ONE BUT TWO EXCERPTS FROM HER WORKS IN PROGRESS! YAY!!

Excerpt from Goal Line, Harrisburg Railers #6, coauthored with RJ Scott

What the ever-loving fuck?
Our server arrived with our dinners. She stood there with two platters of food, looking a great deal as I did, I imagined.
I threw her a quick look, smiled despite the surge of anger I was feeling, and pushed to my feet.
“Tina, can you take those back to the kitchen and keep them warm?”
She nodded as I went off in pursuit of the hockey player with the bad manners. I found him heading west and jogged to catch up.
“Hey, pretty boy!” I shouted. He never looked up or paused. He just hurried along, his head down as if he were expecting a piano to drop on him. I ran a bit faster and caught up with him in front of a mattress store that had recently closed its doors. “Hey!”
I grabbed at his arm. He spun around, his eyes round, his arm coming up in a defensive manner. My fingers slid from his sleeve.
Bryan blinked at me as if he were shocked to see me glowering at him.
“I have to go,” he said then made to leave, his head craning around to find the most direct path to somewhere, his car probably. I kind of put myself between him and his escape route. Sure, he was taller by a few inches, and had about fifty pounds on me. Also, he was much younger and an athlete, so he could easily toss me aside if he wanted to, but something deep inside told me that he wasn’t prone to violence. He had experienced it though if that knee-jerk reaction to my touch on his arm was any indication.
“You can go after I have my say,” I stated, folding my arms over my favorite Emerson, Lake, and Palmer t-shirt. Thank goodness it was a warm fall night as I’d left my jacket back at the bar. He kind of folded in on himself, like a morning glory closing its petals at dusk. “That was about the most unprofessional thing I’ve ever seen. You do realize that I took an hour out of my work schedule to sit down and talk with you, right?”
“Yes. I’m sorry.” I stared at him, startled a bit at how automated his words sounded.
“Well, yeah, you should be. I could have been making money.”
“I’ll pay you for your wasted time.” He reached back to find his wallet.
“No, that’s not what I’m after here. You just can’t walk out on a business meeting. It’s amateurish and frankly below what I’ve come to think of as the standards of the Railers players and organization.”
A car drove by, an old Blink 182 song rolling down the street as the car passed. Bryan shifted his weight from one foot to the other. I waited. He lifted his gaze from my boots to my face for just a moment.
“I’m sorry to have acted in any way that makes the Railers look bad.” His expression was sorrowful. I’d seen dogs being scolded that didn’t look this pitiful. Shit, okay, so now I felt like a dick.


Excerpt from Shake the Stars

“Is this lodge filled with nothing but middle-class, white, suburban Catholics who are trying to appear to be upper-class, Manhattan Jews?” I asked my father as we sat down. His eyes nearly bugged out of his head. My mother’s lips tightened into a tight angry pucker.
“Dane! By all that is holy!” Dad gasped, pushing Mom’s chair in with a little too much gusto. “Sorry honey.” He walked to his chair next to me and sat down. “I’m not sure where you get your radical thoughts.”
“He gets them from your side of the family,” Mom sniffed as she shook out her napkin and laid it over her lap. “Your father’s cousin Jeff in particular. Writing all those articles for Rolling Stone magazine about legalizing marijuana. I told you not to let him read those when he was young.”
“I was sixteen, Mom, hardly young,” I argued as the argument about Uncle Jeff the racial liberal loomed on the horizon. “And it’s the truth. Legalizing pot would—”
“Dane, that is more than enough. We’re not going to stir up a hornet’s nest here the first day.” Mom said through tightly clenched teeth.
“Don’t you mean a wasp’s nest? Seems more fitting.”
Dad’s look was scorching. Mom ignored. James sniggered and got a sour look. “Maybe you should take a walk. When you come back, you can apologize to your mother for being flip.”
I stood up and stalked out of the dining room. Bonnie waved but I blew past her, intent on the double doors that would get me outside. Why was it such a crime to speak the truth? I shoved on the heavy doors and blew through them, eager to walk off some of this anger. This was a familiar scenario.  Dad always made us walk off our anger before he would discuss things with us. Which, I guess, makes sense, but sometimes I wanted to argue. I wanted to shout and wave my finger in the air like an orchestra conductor does his wand. I wanted to debate vital themes and ideas. Discuss new ways to live and act, talk about social injustice and how disillusioned my generation was. Sometimes I wanted to stand on the table, feet planted on both sides of the pot roast, and bellow down at my family that I was gay.
But I never did.
I simply stormed off and swallowed it all down. Which was why I longed to be in Europe with the enlightened people. Sipping hot chocolate with Swedes, talking about sex with Danes, and dancing until dawn with Berliners. Being who I was without fear of censure or rebuke or dismay from everyone around me.
Gray gravel crunching under my sneakers which were from a strip mall that sold knockoffs of the expensive ones, I paused where the path branched off. One thin lane led to a bridge that arched over the river. There was a weathered sign post with wooden slabs stating which way to the pool or the lodge or the golf course.
On the other side of the bridge was the pool and tennis courts. Knowing I could only go as far as the edge of the river, I slowly walked toward the bridge. It was a sturdy way across, all tight wood planks with a wooden rail. Yet as soon as I placed a foot to the end of the bridge, the ground seemed to fall away. A steel band began to slither around my middle as I looked down and saw water. Yes, only a few inches but it was enough to ramp up my fear of not being on solid ground. Even a foot off the earth made me 

HOW AMAZING ARE THESE EXCERPTS! I KNOW I CAN'T WAIT!! THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR THE LATEST FIVE, AND IF YOU COMMENT ON THE POST IN THE BLOG COMMENT SECTION I WILL CHOOSE A RANDOM WINNER TUESDAY FOR A V.L. LOCEY BACKLIST TITLE FROM ME!! SEE YOU NEXT TIME GUYS! 


No comments:

Post a Comment