ASK AN AUTHOR JESSICA KURVERS HOSTS SUSAN MAC NICOL!


HEY GUYS, IT IS DAY 2 OF OUR ASK AN AUTHOR POSTS AND TODAY WE HAVE JESSICA KURVERS HOSTING THE LOVELY SUSAN MAC NICOL! THIS IS A GREAT INTERVIEW, AND I HAVE INCLUDED SOME OF SUSAN'S LINKS AT THE BOTTOM, SO LET'S GET STARTED:



1. Do you have a couple that you feel could still use another book, even though they got their HEA? 

Funny you should ask that….out of all my stories, I still believe that Matthew and Shane deserve another book. I think Matthew deserves to have another child to love and adore (apart from Shane lol) and this couple need a wedding to round things off. I can just see them having a daughter, someone who Shane can teach his hacking skills to and drive Matthew insane with the fact Matty would be so protective. Shane of course would be a lot more relaxed about having a kid and this dynamic between the two men I think would create a great story. Even it did cause Matthew’s OCD tendencies to go wild. Poor man. I would definitely consider writing this book if the right opportunity ever arose.

Jess- Oh Matty and Shane!! I agree they definitely have more story to tell!!!

2. Which one of your characters do you relate to the most? 

That’s a tough question. I bond with all my guys in different ways and they all have something of me in their creation. It might be an opinion, a past experience, or a deep seated belief, or character trait but it’s there, hidden in plain sight. I think the one I feel the most affinity with is Nick in Worth Keeping. We have certain things in common, such as dealing with stuff on our own and not letting others in. Nick to me was the someone I could have become had I been someone other than I was. That sounds a bit deep, I know, but my past life experiences made me stronger, rather than letting them get the better of me. I’m a stubborn bitch and I won’t let bad experiences dictate my future.

Jess- I think that's something we all should strive for. Bad experiences don't dictate our future! I love that!

3. Do you have any routines(/superstitions) that you follow on release day?

Absolutely none, I confess guiltily. I could lie and tell you I buy a box of jelly beans, pick out the black ones and eat them, then open a bottle of champagne and celebrate while wearing leder-hosen. *Grins* I’m not that interesting so instead, I get up as usual, go to work if it’s a week day and agonise over how things going as I can’t do much until I get home. Then I simply wait and see what happens. You can’t influence anything, I believe, what will be will be so, best to let it run its course.

Jess- Lol that's probably less stressful!

4. Who were your easiest and hardest characters to write? 

The easiest was Leslie. He flowed off the pages like a smooth dollop of chocolate syrup off a spoon and simply cascaded into my heart and psyche. He took on a life of his own, became someone I really wanted to know in real life and took over my heart and soul. His sense of humour mirrors my own, his warm heartedness was due in part to my late sister Carol, who wanted world peace and harmony and simply for people to treat other well. So he was special.

The hardest was Quinn. How do you write a character that has the majesty of the Warlock nation which can be controlled by a flick of his hand, and who has to do cruel and terrible things, and still keep the readers invested in him as a person? It’s tough. I hope that by showing a vulnerable side to him, showing he could fall in love and letting Cade become the softer, more tolerant side to him made Quinn someone readers loved. I know you did :)

Jess- Well I think all your characters are special, but Oh Quinn! Yes... I love me some Quinn!

5. So authors write to music, or have a Playlist of sorts to go along with their books. Do any of your books have songs or play lists that accompany them? 

I do indeed. You can see
​ some of​
 them here in my SoundCloud account
​The others are on Spotify as I've now started using that instead. Here's the link to the other playlists..


Each book has its own special playlist, songs I felt complemented the story 
​or
 music that I’d listen to while writing the book. Some of them have special songs because they are part of the story, albeit a small one. For example, in book 6, Flying Solo, Gibson listens to Black Sabbath but also loves classical gaming music. So there’s some of that in this playlist too.
​And of course in Cross to Bare there just has to be drag queen anthems...I hope you enjoy listening to some of these tunes.

Jess- Ooohhh awesome! I'm definitely checking those out!

6. And Susan, ‘cause you know how I feel about these two, I just have to ask :)... Quinn...Cade... will I ever get more of my beloved boys???

Oh Jess…. I’d love to do another Double Alchemy book, because it was such a thrill to create my own fantasy world and characters, and lose myself in them. The fact these books didn’t do all that well in sales, that wouldn’t matter. It’s the writing of them that gives me more pleasure, not the sales. That’s a pleasant after taste.

Like with ‘Stripped Bare #2’ if the opportunity arose I’d write another book about these two men like a shot. I’d give Quinn his heirs to his kingdom, his beloved sons and let Cade become a doting dad, develop his own powers, and be voice of reason to balance out the relationship in true Libra fashion. But until then, all you can do is believe in magic…perhaps the magic fairies might help me write another one, like the elves at the shoemakers :)

Jess- Well I'm holding out that the opportunity arises!!! I believe in YOUR magic!!! I believe, I believe! ;)


THANKS JESS & SUSAN, THIS INTERVIEW IS FAB!! LOVE IT!! LOOK BELOW GUYS FOR SOME LINKS FOR SUSAN & HER AMAZING BOOKS! ( PSST I JUST HAVE TO SAY MY FAVE OF SUSAN'S BOYS IS LESLIE :p) 



SUSAN'S AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

DON'T FORGET TO PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY OF CROSS TO BARE, MEN OF LONDON 5, OUT NOV. 10TH YOU WILL LOVE LENNY'S STORY, I PROMISE!!!!



AND IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ABOUT JESS'S BOYS, QUINN AND CADE, THEIR BOOK IS AWESOME TOO ( ALL OF SUSAN'S ARE ) :) CHECK OUT DOUBLE ALCHEMY AND YOU WILL SEE WHY JESS LOVES THESE TWO SO MUCH!!



THANKS SO MUCH FOR JOINING ME FOR DAY 2 OF ASK AN AUTHOR, AND THANKS TO JESS AND SUSAN FOR SUCH AN AMAZING INTERVIEW! SEE YOU GUYS THURSDAY FOR DAY 3!!



No comments:

Post a Comment