A MATTER OF TIME VOLUME ONE REVIEW!!


HELLO FRIENDS! I AM BRINGING YOU 'A MATTER OF TIME VOL. 1' BY MARY CALMES TODAY, THIS IS BOOKS ONE AND TWO OF THE SERIES TOGETHER, SO I AM GONNA REVIEW THEM AS A WHOLE. MY FRIEND DANA HAS BEEN AFTER ME TO READ THIS SERIES, AND I AM SO GLAD I FINALLY LISTENED TO HER, IT IS A-MAZING! I HAVE MY REVIEW, LINKS, AND EVEN AN EXCERPT, SO LET'S GET STARTED:




OH BOY IS THIS THE PERFECT QUOTE FOR THIS STORY! HERE IS MY REVIEW:


 A Matter of Time Vol. 1 (A Matter of Time Series) by: Mary Calmes
                                                            reviewed by: Becky


Jory Keyes leads a normal life as an architect’s assistant until he is witness to a brutal murder. Though initially saved by police Detective Sam Kage, Jory refuses protective custody—he has a life he loves that he won’t give up no matter who is after him. But Jory’s life is in real jeopardy, especially after he agrees to testify about what he saw.

While dealing with attempts on his life, well-meaning friends who want to see him happy, an overly protective boss, and a slowly unfolding mystery that is much more sinister than he could ever imagine, the young gay man finds himself getting involved with Sam, the conflicted and closeted detective. And though Jory may survive the danger, he may not survive a broken heart.






Have you ever had a character speak to you so much that you just knew if they were real you would be BFF's forever? Well that was Jory for me! This guy is so well written that you just can't help but love him, he is one of a kind that's for sure!

Jory is a witness to a murder, and he is saved by Sam Kage, but refuses to go into witness protection, he has a job he loves, and a life to live. You can see the chemistry between the two from the beginning, and even though Sam is straight you can bet he won't be for to much longer! 

Sam is out of his mind dealing with Jory, the guy is so frustrating, but oh so sexy! Sam isn't ready to admit his attraction for a guy,so how will he and Jory be together, and what about the scads of guys with undying love for Jory (believe me he has the admirers folks), will they take no for an answer? 

Jory doesn't want to run and hide, he just wants to live, and he wants to do it with Sam, but that isn't possible, is it? This book will take you on a roller coaster of emotions,( and the way it ends, man you better have Vol. 2 ready friends, jus sayin ;p ), don't miss it, and if you have already read it, isn't it time to visit old friends again?

I love how Mary Calmes gives you a cast of characters you both love and love to hate, you will be wondering who is good and who is bad, and characters you love (Dane) you beg them to be on the up and up! Thank you Mary for a series so good it makes me admit I should have listened to my friend and read it ages ago! 


                                                      the 5 destiny symbol rating

I DID THE DESTINY SYMBOLS BECAUSE THESE TWO MEN WERE DESTINED TO BE IN EACH OTHERS LIVES :) HERE ARE THE LINKS FOR YOU:

DREAMSPINNER PRESS BUY LINK

AMAZON BUY LINK

GOODREADS LINK

USE THOSE LINKS IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS ONE ALREADY FRIENDS! HERE IS AN EXCERPT FOR YOU:

If I didn't watch so much TV, real life wouldn't be so disappointing. As it was, I was expecting the interrogation room from  Law & Order and the reality was nothing like that.  
 It wasn't dark, it was really bright, and the metal table was bolted to the floor. The chairs were cold and metal without any padding, and just basically had no atmosphere or character to speak of. It was just plain anticlimactic and so I was bored. I had an ice pack on the back of my head, a Sprite for my stomach, which had gotten queasy when my adrenaline ran out, and a pen and paper so I could write down everything I remembered. I had recounted what I'd seen to a lot of different people ten different ways. When Anna had come to get George, they wouldn't let me see her. 

 She was being taken somewhere safe right that second. I couldn't blame them. I didn't want her to get hurt either. My head was down on my folded arms when the door opened. So many people had been in and out that I didn't even look up.  "Mr. Keyes." 


 I rolled my head sideways and realized that Detective Sam Kage was back. He was, I'd decided, the one that hated me the most. I had screwed up his undercover investigation with my need to be rescued. He and his fellow vice detectives had to break cover, turn their guns on Brian Minor, and save me.

The only luck they had all night was that Brian had actually killed a man in cold blood and they had an eyewitness to that... me. He was going to jail for a long time. It was just as good, they said, as racketeering, bribery, blackmail, and extortion. First-degree murder had its own time frame that worked for them. 
 "Sit up and look at me." 

 I lifted my head off my arm and leaned back in my chair, staring at him. He had changed out of his Kevlar body armor and was now in a shirt and tie. He was trying to pull off mild-mannered police detective but I wasn't buying it. I'd seen the beast inside of him already. The others, his tall but balding
 captain, his dark sort of eastern-European-looking partner and the two others, who looked like poster boys for the Marine Corps, all of them were nicer than Detective Kage. I wanted anyone else but him in the room with me. 


HELL OF A FIRST MEETING HUH? THESE TWO HAVE CHEMISTRY IN EVERY SITUATION, TRUST ME! THANKS FOR JOINING ME FOR MY REVIEW OF VOL. 1, LOOK FOR VOL. 2 REVIEW REALLY SOON! I AM GONNA REVIEW THE WHOLE SERIES AND I CAN'T WAIT!



No comments:

Post a Comment