TAKING HIM ON RELEASE DAY REVIEW!!


HELLO FRIENDS, IT IS RELEASE DAY FOR DEBBIE McGOWAN, AND AS YOU KNOW I LOVE HER AND ALL HER BOOKS, SO I AM THRILLED TO BRING YOU MY RELEASE DAY REVIEW OF TAKING HIM ON; CHECKING HIM OUT 2! I HAVE MY REVIEW, LINKS, AND EVEN AN EXCERPT, SO LET'S GET TO IT!!





I LOVE THIS QUOTE FOR THIS BOOK, HERE IS MY REVIEW!!



         Taking Him On (Checking Him Out 2) by: Debbie McGowan
                                                           reviewed by: Becky 

It's almost a year since Noah told Matty they needed to cool it, believing it was the sensible thing to do. After all, they were too intense, and they were both failing uni.

Now, with Matty just weeks away from taking up his place at a prestigious London dance academy, Noah is desperate to make the most of the little time they have left. It's only a temporary separation, and they are forever. Or so he'd thought.

A novel about Noah and Matty from Checking Him Out.






Oh I am soooo excited!! I finally finally get Noah and Matty's story! This couple is so sweet, and I am so glad to see them get the book they deserve ( and I have to admit, I was very excited to 'see' my Sol again)!! :P

Noah and Matty have taken their relationship slow for about a year, and these guys have so many changes happening in their lives, some promising, some tragic, but through it all you can see that these two truly belong together.

There is a misunderstanding and these two need to learn how to work through it rather than assuming the worst, after all, if they didn't love each other it wouldn't hurt so bad.

Can Matty and Noah work through their problems, not to mention drama from Matty's  good for nothing father, and realize that they will only be whole when they are together?

 At least one of them may realize that goals that were important before may not be anymore, and that all you really need is the one beside you that matters most! Oh yes friends, you have to read this one for sure, it is classic McGowan perfection! Thank you Deb, for giving Matty and Noah a story they can be proud of!! 


                                                       the 5 Mr. Bojangles rating :)

I DID THIS RATING IN HONOR OF THE SONG AND A VERY SPECIAL DANCE :) YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN! HER IS THE BEATEN TRACK AND GOODREADS LINKS, YOU WILL GET ALL THE BUY LINKS YOU NEED FROM BEATEN TRACK!!

BEATEN TRACK BUY LINK

GOODREADS LINK

HERE IS AN EXCERPT THAT WILL CLEAR UP THE RATING PIC!! ENJOY FRIENDS:


I stopped outside Matty’s door and put my ear against it, trying to hear over Sol telling Adam off on my behalf. There was no noise coming from Matty’s room. I knocked gently. No response. I knocked again.
“Matty, it’s me. Can I come in?”
A muffled ‘yeah’ came from inside, and I opened the door, expecting to find him lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. I guess I should’ve known better.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“Dancing.”
I’d worked that much out for myself, though there was no accompaniment other than the one in his head. “What are you dancing to?”
“Mr. Bojangles.” He extended a leg and swung it in an arc, bringing his left foot down behind his right heel. I sort of knew the song—Mum had the Robbie Williams album with all the swing stuff on it.
“Practicing for the conference?”
“No.”
He continued dancing, his socked feet soundlessly pounding the carpet while he kept time to a rhythm that seemed to naturally flow through him. The silence made the dance both eerie and strangely beautiful.
“I’ve only ever performed it once,” he said without breaking step. “When I was twelve.”
I don’t know if he saw, but I nodded to indicate I was listening.
“It was when the Wilkinsons were fostering me, and my social worker sorted out money for tap lessons. We put on a dance show at the end of term, and I did Mr. Bojangles.”
SEE TOLD YOU I HAD A REASON! GRAB THIS ONE FRIENDS, YOU WILL LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO! HAPPY RELEASE DAY DEB!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment