THIRTY THINGS RELEASE DAY REVIEW!!




HELLO FRIENDS, AND HAPPY WEEKEND (OR SOON TO BE WEEKEND), TODAY I HAVE THE RELEASE DAY REVIEW OF THIRTY THINGS BY CATE ASHWOOD! THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL BOOK I CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU! I HAVE MY REVIEW, AN EXCERPT,  BUY LINKS, AS WELL AS AN AUTHOR BIO, SO LET'S GET STARTED!



BOY IS THIS ONE ACCURATE! LET'S LOOK AT MY REVIEW:


                                                 Thirty Things by: Cate Ashwood
                                                                  reviewed by: Becky


All their lives, Finn and Nate have been inseparable, sharing everything, and when a childhood accident left Finn broken, Nate stood by his side as all his other friends left. After all their years together, there’s one secret Finn still hasn’t revealed: he has been in love with Nate since they were eight years old. Hiding his feelings for twenty-one years—terrified of what might happen if Nate ever found out—has been difficult, but losing his best friend would be worse than living with a bad case of unrequited love. Unfortunately for Finn, Nate doesn't make it easy. 

Nate believes there are some things that just have to be done before your thirtieth birthday. As a gift to Finn, he plans an adventure to check off a list of thirty things to experience before hitting that milestone. Starting in Crawfordsville, Indiana, they tour the country, trying new things and meeting interesting new people. Nate’s having the time of his life, but he can tell Finn is holding something back. As the days count down, navigating the back roads suddenly seems easier than figuring out where their relationship is heading. 

One thing’s for certain. There will be no turning back.






This book and the two men in it are, in a word, special! The connection between Nate and Finn is strong and the bond of friendship unbreakable! You will be captivated from the first word to the last for sure!

I love me some Finn, this man has been through so much, yet he keeps a positive outlook on life! He is dealing with the lasting effects of a childhood injury, and on top of that he has been in love with his best friend Nate since they were kids, so yeah Finn has a lot to deal with!

I love how the author shows how strong this friendship is, it is really important to see that, and she does it beautifully! Finn's 30th Birthday is coming up and Nate plans a special trip with 30 stops, and 30 envelopes to open along the way! Finn is excited, but wondering how in the world he will maintain his distance in close quarters with Nate for a month!

I love the stops these two take, and the things they try (not always to their liking, but always an experience with something new), this book is about a journey, and not just the journey these two friends take on the road, but also the one they take in their heart! 

Grab this one, you will fall in love with the book and the boys in it! Thanks Cate, for giving us two men that will crawl into our hearts and stay there!


                                    the 5 seven of cups reversed rating


I HAD TO DO THIS RATING IN HONOR OF FINN'S TAROT CARD READING! :) HERE ARE THE BUY LINKS:

DREAMSPINNER PRESS BUY LINK

AMAZON US BUY LINK

AMAZON FR BUY LINK


OK FRIENDS YOU GOT THE LINKS, NOW PUT EM TO GOOD USE! HERE IS AN EXCERPT:

I AWOKE after a restful sleep to a warm hand on my hip and Nate’s breath tickling the back of my neck. The realization that I was, in fact, not dreaming this, slammed into me. Sure, we had shared a bed before, but I’d never woken up to him plastered to my back, with his…. “Uh, Nate?” I whispered, wanting to wake him up, but not startle him. “Mmm,” he mumbled, pulling me closer to him, and nuzzling my shoulder. I knew it was wrong, and he wasn’t awake, but I couldn’t help but lie there for a moment, enjoying the feeling of someone else’s hands on me, even if that someone wasn’t conscious. His hands were big, and my whole body was warm from the heat radiating off him. It felt so fucking good, I didn’t want to wake him and have him pull away. But he was my best friend, and as much as a small part of me loved getting groped by a guy who was still halfway between awake and asleep, I knew I had to wake him up. “Nate,” I whispered again, a little louder this time. “You’re poking me.” “Wha—?” He pulled his hand away and rolled onto his back, creating a few inches of space between us. “Sorry, Finn. I didn’t…. Sorry, but it’s morning,” he said, laying heavy emphasis on the word. “Oh, yeah. Don’t worry about it,” I said, a little laughter creeping into my voice. “It’s not all that impressive anyway.” I was a goddamn liar. “Oh, fuck you.” He pulled the pillow out from under my head and smacked me in the face with it. “You should be so lucky,” I quipped once my face was free from cotton and feathers.


I KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED NOW! I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO READ IT! HERE IS A BIO ON CATE:

Cate Ashwood wrote her very first story in a hot-pink binder when she was in the second grade and found her passion for writing. Her first successful foray into romance writing came five years later when she wrote her best friend, who was experiencing a case of unrequited love, her own happily ever after. Cate’s life has taken a number of different and adventurous roads. She now lives a stone’s throw from the ocean, just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia with her husband, her brand new little boy, and her two cats. Her life is filled with family and friends, travel, and, of course, books.

CATE ASHWOOD FACEBOOK

THANKS SO MUCH FOR JOINING ME FOR MY RELEASE DAY REVIEW OF THIRTY THINGS, I HOPE YOU GRAB IT, YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH IT JUST LIKE I DID!


                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment