THE AMAZING WORLD OF COMPLEMENTARY COLORS!







                         Complementary Colors; by: Adrienne Wilder
                                                                      reviewed by: Becky



My sister Julia manipulated my life into a prison to keep me silent about our dirty family secret. Her greed made me a slave and circumstance left me with no way to escape.

Trapped, the only way I could silence the nightmares driving me to insanity was to wrap them in color, hold them with shadow, and stitch them to negative space with line.

But no matter how bright the pigments, no one could see my confession.

Except for Roy Callahan.

I thought he was just another nameless one-night stand in a long line of many. 
But I was wrong. Roy could see past the façade of my life and through the veil color over the canvas. He could see what the world couldn’t.

And with him I’d find the courage to tell the truth about the boy.

The boy who kissed me.
The boy who loved me.
The boy whose name I couldn’t remember.





The first two words that come to mind when I think about this book are; beautiful and haunting. This story is so beautifully written that it will suck you in to a world of heartbreak, confusion, lies, and betrayal. Paris will break your heart while you are hoping there is a way to mend his. This is a story not only of love saving someone, but of hope in a world where there once was none. Wonderfully written, and though sometimes while reading the book it is  hard to cope with what has happened to Paris, you will be so very glad you did. Beautiful work Adrienne, what an amazing story!           *5 Stars*

No comments:

Post a Comment